- For Dressing:
- 3 large or 5 medium strawberries from 1-pound container, washed and hulled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar plus extra for berry purée
- 1/3 cup fruity, extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon sugar
- For Salad:
- 5-6 ounces baby bitter greens mixture (spinach, arugula, mache, watercress) or all spinach
- Remaining strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup packaged oven-roasted almond slices
- 4 ounces Wisconsin blue cheese, crumbled
For dressing: Purée 3 or 5 strawberries in blender with a dash of balsamic vinegar (or mash by hand). In small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sugar until well blended. Whisk in pureed berries.
For salad: Place greens in salad bowl. Add desired amount of dressing and toss. Add almond slices and blue cheese and lightly toss. Serve immediately.